Saturday, 16 August 2014

Mini Drug Store Lipstick Haul: REVLON Colorburst Lip Butter "Wild Watermelon" & REVLON Super Lustrous Lipstick "Black Cherry" Review/Swatches/Photos

Hey guys! So buying the products I'm posting today was completely impulsive. I was just hanging out with my friend at the mall, and we 'accidentally' *cough* entered a drug store in the mall. Like I always do, I started to inspect aisle to aisle, and these lipsticks are the result of my indulgence. (I also bought a creme eyeshadow from Maybelline. I'll post it soon after I publish this post)

REVLON colorburst lip butter "Wild watermelon"

 Revlon lip butter is described as "a gel formula that provides super-charged hydration and glides on buttery smooth." So it gives you not only comfortable feelings on your lips, but also pretty shine.


REVLON colorburst lip butter "Wild watermelon"

REVLON colorburst lip butter "Wild watermelon"



REVLON super lustrous lipstick "Black cherry"

Revlon offers four different fishes-crème, matte, pearl, and shine-within their super lustrous lipstick range. Black cherry has a creme finish. It leaves intense colour and good hydration.

I personally like its case. It looks very chic and high-end.

 REVLON super lustrous lipstick "Black cherry"

Wild watermelon, Black cherry; with on camera flash

Wild watermelon, Black cherry; with off camera flash

 REVLON colorburst lip butter "Wild watermelon"

Wild watermelon is a murky pink. It does remind me of the colour of a watermelon (the part you eat, not the rind). Since it is more like a lip balmy product, it doesn't have super intense colour pay-off that you may expect when you see it in the case. It goes well with pretty much every makeup look. Currently my go-to lipstick! So pretty.





Pros:
-pretty colour!
- very comfortable on lips
-can go with every look

Cons:
-wears off easily (low staying power)

Grade: A



  REVLON super lustrous lipstick "Black cherry"

Black cherry is a dark berry colour. It's perfect for a vampy look. I'm waiting for fall to rock this one.

  


Pros:
-hydrating
-chic and sophisticated packaging
-decent colour pay off

Cons:
-tends to be a bit patchy

Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment