Pure Heroine is Mac's collaboration with a New Zealand singer Lorde. As soon as I saw Lorde's portrait with this lipstick on, I was like 'I need this in my life'.
Her eyeliner is on point, and the lipstick makes her look even more sophisticated.
People say Pure Heroine is a bit darker and more hydrating than MAC "Heroine", and I think those traits make the lipstick more wearable. Although I am a huge makeup lover, I haven't tried many purple lipsticks so far, so it was important for me to find a purple lipstick that I can pull off without feeling much self-consciousness.
It's true purple!
with camera flash
It's much more glossy than matte Heroine
without flash
Pros:
✔True purple lips (not easy to find in the market)
✔hydrating; comfortable on lips
✔useful when you want to wear simple eye makeup, but still want to keep your makeup edgy
Cons:
✔Could be tricky to use
If you love collecting makeup like me, then Pure Heroine would be a good addition for your collection. Unfortunately, Pure Heroine was an online exclusive limited edition. Mac Heroine could be a good alternative for you although it has a minor difference in colour.

No comments:
Post a Comment