| TooFaced Chocolate Bar |
TooFaced has promoted this palette by saying the eyeshadows are made of cocoa powder. Well, it turns out it’s true! I can smell it! I can smell the cocoa powder whenever I open the palette. Mmmmmm. Oh, and the names.. Names of the eyeshadows. They make me hungry too. The names and colours of eyeshadows all refer to sweets all over the world. Ex. Strawberry bonbon, Marzipan, Milk Chocolate…
| Gilded Ganache, Salted Caramel, hazelnut, white chocolate (flash) |
| Marzipan, Creme Brulee, Semi-Sweet, Haute Chocolate |
| Milk Chocolate, Strawberry Bon Bon, Cherry Cordial, Black Forest Truffle |
| Candied Violet, Triple Fudge, Amaretto,Champagne Truffle |
Eyeshadows are very pigmented, but not amazing compared to other eyeshadows in Sephora. Especially these particular shades, Strawberry Bon Bon and Gilded Ganache areslightly unpleasant. Strawberry Bon Bon is too sheer that it doesn’t even show up on my skin, and Gilded Ganache is kinda chalky. You’ll get a minor fall out from this eyeshadow.
On the other side, I do have my favorite shade, which is Candied violet. It’s a lovely colour-you wouldn’t be able to find something like this in the market easily. It’s shimmery violet with reddish pink glitters! Unfortunately those glitters are not prominent in the picture :(.
Other than Gilded Ganache and Strawberry Bon Bon, I love every single eyeshadow in this palette. Most of them are browns, but I would like to say they’re very UNIQUE browns. They all have different undertones! For example, Cherry Cordial is a brown with a cherry red undertone and black forest truffle is with a dark purple undertone! Too Faced put two highlighting colours in bigger pans - White Chocolate and Champagne Truffle, and those will come in handy! Especially when one is matte and one is shimmery :). This would be another good option for makeup beginners since it contains so many neutral colours + few jewel tones.
I have to say the major downside of this palette is the case. I like the idea they designed it as a chocolate bar, but it’s TOO WEAK. I bought the renewed version, which is supposed to be slimmer and shinier. Well, that’s fine, I actually like the ‘slimmer’ part, but WTH the case gets opened right at the moment I touch it as if I shout out Alohomora or something. It’s very annoying. I think I’m going to accidentally scratch out all the eyeshadows soon or later.. I don’t know if the same thing happens to the original palette. If it doesn’t, then I really should’ve bought that one :(
No comments:
Post a Comment