I think Maybelline has released Color Elixir last year, and I had seen a lot of ads and reviews about it here and there…, but those weren’t enough to capture my mind.
Why did I eventually end up buying these? Well…it’s cuz of one of my followers on Instagram. This young lady posted her lips wearing Signature Scarlet one day on her account, and I had to be like ‘OMG WHAT PRODUCT IS THIS. I NEED TO GET THIS IN MY LIFE’.
From left to right:
005 Breathtaking Apricot
015 Mandarin Rapture
020 Signature Scarlet
040 Vision in Violet
So here I am. Bought 3 more colours other than Signature Scarlet. I have to say the formula is not my favorite. I’m not much of a lip gloss person so the consistency or stickiness of the products wasn’t very pleasant to me. HOWEVER, look at the pigmentation and gloss! They grant me the power to bear with the stickiness!
breathtaking apricot
Mandarin Rapture
Unfortunately, Mandarin Rapture seems like it has a poor color pay off, which is very disappointing because Mandarin Rapture had been my favorite shade until I swatched it on my lips. It leaves a sheer finish. You can see it’s very patchy on my lips… And trust me, I put on multiple layers on my lips, wishing I can get better pigmentation.. :(
Signature Scarlet
Vision in Violet
Vision in Violet was def my bold choice, since I haven’t tried purple lips before… (Okay, I walked into MAC store once, and tried ‘Heroine’ on, but I didn’t buy it. Therefore, more precisely saying, Vision in Violet would be my first purple lipstick added to my makeup collection.) Guess what? I love it! It reminds me of Penelope garcia, and that makes me feel very good and cool. If you watch Criminal Minds, you’ll know what I mean ;)
i love these colors! :)
ReplyDelete